Sanders, who was the original designer for the curved Martin Logan panel that they use today, has created a perfect electrostatic speaker that some would even say is the ultimate electrostat.
Roger Sanders built his first ESL (ElectroStatic Loudspeaker) in 1972. He quickly appreciated the superior performance that a mass-less electrostatic offered over conventional magnetic speakers with regards to low distortion, lack of resonances, and incredible detail. But their problems of limited output, inability to produce deep powerful bass, and unreliability have kept him busy improving them over the last 30+ years. The result of this lifetime of work is the Sanders Sound Systems ESLs which solved all the problems and limitations of any other ESL. Roger’s “Ultrastat” panels will play at ear-bleeding levels, cannot be arced, do not use or need protective circuitry, are immune to humidity, dust, and dirt, and do not need or use dust covers. They can be driven by multi-thousand watt amplifiers without damage. They are more rugged than conventional magnetic drivers. And he developed a woofer system that would blend seamlessly with a mass-less ESL to produce outstanding bass! They do not fail and are so robust that they come with a lifetime warranty. He has achieved his dream and more with these Model 10 ESLs.
This speaker comes included with:
- Electrostatic Speakers
- Aluminum transmission line woofer systems
- Magtech Amplifier
- New LMS (Loudspeaker Management System) includes digital crossover with a Room Correction System, Digital Signal Processor, and Real Time Analyzer
MODEL 10e Electrostatic Speaker ($17000):
The award winning Model 10 electrostatic speaker is Sanders’ flag ship. It is the best speaker Roger knows how to make after 30+ years of research, design, and testing of electrostatic speaker. This is simply a no-compromise electrostatic speaker that solves all the problems that plague other electrostatic speakers.
Sanders Sound Systems has been producing the most advanced and sophisticated speakers available for many years. Sanders does not compromise and they use only the best technology, which includes electrostatic mid-range/treble, transmission line bass, digital electronic crossovers with electronic time alignment, and bi-amplification using the unique, voltage-regulated, Magtech amplifier. And they also include a built in automated LMS (Loudspeaker Management System) which is basically a RCS (Room Correction System since even a perfect loudspeaker will have its frequency response degraded by the room/speaker interaction and bass resonances produced by room dimensions) with a DSP (Digital Signal Processor so that the user can tailor the speaker’s frequency response) and a RTA (Real Time Analyzer so that the user can actually measure the frequency response of his speakers and room) combined together into one system.
Features and Specs:
- Perfect Insulation
- The amplifier cannot damage the Ultrastat panel
- No protective circuitry required
- Panel is arc-proof
- Extremely rugged and durable
- Immune to dust, dirt, humidity, insects, pet fur, and foreign objects
- Higher sensitivity (94 dB)
- Highest precision – made with computerized diamond routing equipment
- Greater percentage of open area and visual transparency
- More attractive appearance than perforated metal designs
- Voltage is user selectable for use world-wide
- Highly efficient operation permits the electronics to be left on continually without concern for electricity usage
- 94 dB
- User adjustable (Factory settings 172 Hz, 48 dB/octave slopes, Linkwitz-Riley filter)
ESL Power Handling
- Unlimited for any amplifier intended for domestic use
- Transmission Line
- 20 Hz. to 27 KHz. +/- 2 dB
- Both Balanced and Unbalanced Input / Output Connections
Magtech Amplifier Power
- 500 watts RMS per channel into an 8 ohm load
- 900 watts RMS per channel into a 4 ohm load